Search gadget that shows results on a standard JIRA issues result page?

predrag vucetic May 19, 2013

Hi,

I'm implementing gadget that searches issues using JQL. The problem is that search results should be displayed on a separate page-the page where issues are shown after standard JIRA search and not in the gadget's iframe. So, I guess I should do a search from a gadget and then redirect or forward to a 'issues result' page to display the results. All examples I found display results in a gadget's iframe.

Can anybody point me to an example how to do this (if possible at all)?

Pedja.

2 answers

0 votes
Dave Hergert November 19, 2014

I am confused as well, like the comment below said, I don't see the reason. As stated, adding this gadget to my dashboard would basically prevent me from staying on the dashboard and instead always redirect me to the search results page? Or do you want the gadget to first present a couple search fields to the user, and then when clicking the button, it would display the results in the normal filter view based on their inputs?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2013

The whole point of a gadget is that it contains whatever you are trying to render, so "separate page" doesn't make a lot of sense in terms of a gadget.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with putting links to other things in a gadget, so that a click on the link takes you to a results page. And really, it is *just* a link you need to generate and display in your code. I wouldn't try to provide any results page inside the gadget itself though, I'd write a report or issue-navigator view separately (although I might bundle it into the same plugin) and then make the gadget link to that.

predrag vucetic May 19, 2013

Thanks, I totaly agree with you. Unfortunately I have to automaticaly jump to another page when I click a search button on the gadget. I was thinking maybe to render a link as you proposed and then click it programaticaly using jQuery. Does that make sense to you?

Suggest an answer