Search for mentions in comments inconsistent

Andre Pinheiro October 26, 2014

I'm trying to implement a filter which will return all open issues where the currentUser is mentioned in (in the summary or in some comment or in the description). I added one control issue (as not everyone has been mentioned) where all users are mentioned. For certain usernames the control issue is returned but for some it is not and I'm just all out of ideas.

My JQL is:

summary ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser()

And my test for other users is 

summary ~ "username" OR comment ~ "username" OR description ~ "username"

using the fuzzy or exact notation ("\"username\"") yields the same problem. The mention in the control issue comes in a comment as

[~username]

Anyone knows why for some usernames it works and for others it doesn't? For two simple usernames (less than 7 characters and only letters) for one I get the control for the other I don't.

P.S.-

Yes, for only open issues the filter is not complete. Focus on the problem please.

Yes, the usernames were correctly spelled. A lot of copy pasting done already.

1 answer

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2014

I don't think its possible to accomplish this presently. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-26727 for more details. 

Suggest an answer