Search for mentions in comments inconsistent

I'm trying to implement a filter which will return all open issues where the currentUser is mentioned in (in the summary or in some comment or in the description). I added one control issue (as not everyone has been mentioned) where all users are mentioned. For certain usernames the control issue is returned but for some it is not and I'm just all out of ideas.

My JQL is:

summary ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser()

And my test for other users is 

summary ~ "username" OR comment ~ "username" OR description ~ "username"

using the fuzzy or exact notation ("\"username\"") yields the same problem. The mention in the control issue comes in a comment as

[~username]

Anyone knows why for some usernames it works and for others it doesn't? For two simple usernames (less than 7 characters and only letters) for one I get the control for the other I don't.

P.S.-

Yes, for only open issues the filter is not complete. Focus on the problem please.

Yes, the usernames were correctly spelled. A lot of copy pasting done already.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Jason Worley Atlassian Team Oct 28, 2014

I don't think its possible to accomplish this presently. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-26727 for more details. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

47 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you