Search for jira-tickets from unknown users

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

Hi there,

if some users leave the company and they have Jira-Issues as reporter or Assignee or made comments within some Tickets the usernames get "unlinked" because they are unknown.

I tried to made a JQL like "project = xyz and reporter = my-unknown-user" but "my-unknown-user" is unknown and the filter doesn't work.

Is there any way to get all tickets where this unknown user was involved?

Kind regards
André

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

Hi Andre

Regarding the app. structure, JIRA is related to the username account and not the ID. So, just try to create another account using the same username, but using the internal directory (not LDAP).

After, just try to find the issues using the Issue Navigator and Bulk Edit the issues. Perhaps the following links could be useful to understand a little bit:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+%28%27Bulk%27%29+Issues

In case of further assistance, try to raise a new support ticket.

Kind regards,

Paulo Renato

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2012

Hi,

@Nic
If a user leaves the company his account is disabled in our active directory. After 6 months the account will be deleted.

@Paulo
thats not really what we want but I think there will be no other way...

Tanks anyway for the reply :-)

Kind regards
André

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2012

Hmm. I think you could be stuck - Jira needs the user ids in order to be able to look up their data, so if you're deleting them, it can't work with them.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2012

How do you make your users "unknown"? Are you deleting them, or renaming them?

Suggest an answer