Search for issues where a field matches

Chris Hodgens August 8, 2013

Is it possible to do a query and take a field returned in that search to match fields in another search to return results?

To explain another way, I would like to run a normal query, for example issuetype=Epic and status = closed but then run another query to match a custom field in those results to be a match criteria to find results in another query. Say the field to match from the first query was issue key, and I want to then return results from the first query where the issue keys are used to check that they are not closed.

Something like run query issuetype=Epic and status = closed then for each issue returned return retults for issues where the issuekey is the issuekey from field in the query and then for thos return items that are not closed? Would this be possible with Grovey or something?

Not a great description but I hope you get the gist.

Thanks

Chris.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Hodgens August 8, 2013

would like to run it from the issue navigator.

Thanks

Marten Kreienbrock
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

in this case, it would be quite difficult. the queries in the issuenavigator only return complete issues, as seen in the result list. however the navigator has no way of accessing these issues.

so if you want to perform such an action you could probably only do this by creating a custom query word, which would get the parameter it would need to identify the issues (in the worst case you could even try to submit a whole querystring and then perform a query from within the custom query).

in the end you would get something like:

"issuekey in (custom("issuetype=Epic AND status = closed"))

where custom would return a set of issuekeys.

0 votes
Marten Kreienbrock
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

Do you want to run this as plugin code, or via the issue navigator?

Suggest an answer