Search for issues where LDAP based users from been deleted

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

I've found/read numerous "answers" where LDAP users have been deleted by a corporate LDAP admin because they have left the company, been fired, contract was up, etc. The Jira Admin had no time to perform a bulk change.

Some answers alluded to creating a local jira user so a bulk change could be done. Great but what happens if you don't know what ldap users have been deleted so I want to perform a search. Well, if you use the gui to edit the issue, the assignee|reporter fields show up as 'unassigned'. If you display the issue, assignee|reporter fields show the 'userid' and not the full name of the user.

So what JQL syntax can I use to find issues that are assigned or reported by users that have been deleted in LDAP?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

Hi Brent,

I'm not sure if it's possible to be done through JQL, but you extract this information directly from your database using this query:

select assignee from jiraissue where assignee not in (select user_name from cwd_user);

I hope this has helped.

Cheers

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2013

Thanks for the quick response. I'm a little rusty with mysql but I ran the query with the addition of "select assignee,pkey" and got my list of effected users and their associated issues.

I'll leave the question open in hopes that I can get a JQL query.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

I guess, JQL is doubtful, you need to mostly go via the database way.

Suggest an answer