Search for issues that were created on previous month

Christophe NOVARRO January 26, 2014

I would like to know how to refer to previous month in a HQL Jira. For exemple,

JIRA bug open on the previous month

for exemple, in january, I untersdood the HQLwas :

project = XXX AND issuetype = Bug AND created >= 2013-12-01 AND created <= 2013-12-31

but, each month, i can modify the request, for exemple, in feb., i will write :

project = XXX AND issuetype = Bug AND created >= 2014-01-01 AND created <= 2014-01-31

what is the solution for to have a generic request for to have bug open the calendar on previous month, not to have bug for relative day (created > "-31d") or fixed date (created >= 2014-01-01) !

thank you for your help

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

15 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

You can try this:

project = XXX AND issuetype = Bug AND created &gt;= startOfMonth(-1) AND created &lt;= endOfMonth(-1)

Christophe NOVARRO January 26, 2014

I try and it's OK ! thank you very much for your help !

Is there any documentation with standard function which is possible to use in JIRA HQL, such as startOfMonth ?

Regards

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

It is JQL, not HQL ;) Here is the documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching

Bruce von Kugelgen January 26, 2016

Great tip--it's easy to forget that those functions like startOfMonth() can accept parameters–the Atlassian documentation doesn't make that clear (to me).

Like livin-tpm likes this
Chris Wallingford May 24, 2017

I'm on Cloud Confluence ... can this be done in a Confluence Search URL? My trail and error has only led to error.... Eg.

https://abcd.atlassian.net/wiki/dosearchsite.action?cql=space+%3D+"abcd"+and+lastmodified+<%3D+startOfMonth%28-12M%29+and+type+%3D+"page"

Thanks!

Suggest an answer