Search for issue error

JAMES Brown May 11, 2016

When I am on the system dashboard and type in an issue number(i.e. 123) without the key (ABC) it takes me to an issue in the project I was previously in with that number (i.e. DEF-123). However the issue I want is in a different project with that same number (ABC-123). Is there a way to configure JIRA so that if you search for an issue from the search box it doesn't search the previous project automatically. Maybe it takes you to the Issue Search screen instead and returns all of the issues with that issue number (i.e. 123)?

1 answer

0 votes
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2016

The search will search your "current Project", so if current project is ABC, searching 123 will result in ABC-123 issue being displayed.  If the issue does not exist, the search will search the text "123".  Text search only searches summary, description or comments - not numeric custom fields. You will need to enter the entire key, DEF-123, if DEF is not your current project.   

Suggest an answer