Search for Updated by (user)?

Paul Shinoda June 11, 2013

In JIRA On Demand, is there a way to filter issues by who Updated them? The Changed operator applies only to certain fields.

Thanks very much!

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

Nope, that is the best you have got.

7 votes
Sumit Shakya May 15, 2019

Use the JQL 

status changed BY (username)

Yana Nikolayeva January 10, 2022

Usfull. Thank you 

3 votes
Daniel Turczanski April 24, 2017

Hi! This and many more JQL keywords are supported after installing our plugin. Make sure to check out the JQL Search Extensions for JIRA Cloud - soon also for the server!

All the features are presented in the reference manual. Just install and enjoy the free trial!

3 votes
Paul Shinoda June 11, 2013

Looking to be able to filter/search for any bug that is updated or edited in any field, e.g., Comments or Description; and/or edited by a specific User.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

Changing a custom field? ;)

1 vote
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2013

Hi Paul,

The CHANGED operator is available for the following fields:

Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution and Status

Can you advise which update you are unable to query that would be useful?

Keith Lanier October 1, 2019

Epic Link is one example - but really need a generic solution for ANY field changed by user!!!!

Like # people like this
Victor Cheung January 6, 2020

I am also looking for a generic "ANY field changed by user" type of search.

I understand this information resides in the issue changelog history entries.  Is it possible to construct a JQL that filters on the "author" and "created" (date) fields of the changelog entries?

My use case:  find all issues that were updated since a given date by a given user (any field updated qualifies -- not just certain key fields)

Like # people like this
Lexi February 5, 2021

I need this for Epic link as well, did anyone download this addon mentioned above and have luck?  JQL Search Extensions for JIRA Cloud  

0 votes
Jared Polman June 16, 2021

This answer is taken from a similar post by the user Daniel Ebers.
It worked great for me, hope it helps resolve for anyone stumbling upon this past 2020.

Alternatively, you could use the updatedBy() function of JQL:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/

Examples

• Find issues that were updated by John Smith:issuekey IN updatedBy(jsmith)
  • Find issues that were updated by John Smith within the last 8 days:
    issuekey IN updatedBy(jsmith, "-8d")
  • Find issues updated between June and September 2018:issuekey IN updatedBy(jsmith, "2018/06/01", "2018/08/31")
  • If you try to find issues updated in the last hour, like in the following example, the time will be rounded up to 1 day, as smaller values aren't supported:
    issuekey IN updatedBy(jsmith, "-1h")
Sebastian Spitzer October 21, 2023

Is there a way to find issues that were last updated by the current user instead of using a specifically named user?

I need a dashboard used by different users that shows the current user their most recently edited issues via the Filter Results gadget.

Suggest an answer