Search filter not showing current assignee after cleared by workflow post-function

Andrew Culver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

I have a workflow action:

[Investigating] -> {Reopen} -> [Open]

There's a post-function on this transition to clear the assignee. If I perform this transition, the issue view screen shows the status has changed to Open and the assignee is now unassigned.

Our dashboards have a search filter:

project in (THUGS) AND assignee = currentUser() AND status in (Open, Investigating, Escalated, "Waiting For External", "External Inactive", "Needs Approval") OR category in (Support) AND reporter = currentUser() AND status in ("Waiting For Reporter", "Inactive - Pending Closure", Frozen)

This filter should NOT show issues that are open and unassigned. However, the issue that I just Reopened appears in the search results. Also, the "Assignee" column of the search results, shows the assignee is myself, rather than unassigned as the issue view screen shows.

If I perform an instance-wide reindex, then the issue properly does not appear in the search filter.

Just wondering, why are the search results not reflecting the new unassigned value for assignee? Do I need to include some sort of reindex action in the workflow post-function?

Thanks,
Andrew

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Culver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

I've figured out the problem.

In the workflow action post-function, the step to clear the assignee was the last in the list, below the built-in step to perform a re-index. I moved the clear assignee step to the top of the list, and the search results are now behaving as expected.

Suggest an answer