Search epic by Epic Name (string contains)?

Tim Yeung November 12, 2014

We are using the JIRA Agile field "Epic Name".

An example value of "Epic Name" is "Test 123".

Are there anyway in JQL to search for all epics where its "Epic Name" contains "Test"?

Currently, I can only do "Epic Name" = "Test 123"...

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014
Tim Yeung November 13, 2014

Thanks for the reply. Script Runner is really a powerful and useful plugin, and its free. But we don't want it to be deployed in production, as we have a feeling that the Groovy interacts with JIRA backend in a 'too powerful' manner, raising some security concerns (although, maybe, we are wrong, and overreacting).

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2014

Much to my regret, I think this can't do in JQL  

The "~" operator is used to search for issues where the value of the specified field matches the specified value (either an exact match or a "fuzzy" match — see examples below). For use with text fields only, i.e.:

But custom fields which use the "Free Text Searcher"; this includes custom fields of the following built-in Custom Field Types

• Free Text Field (unlimited text)
    • Text Field (< 255 characters)
    • Read-only Text Field

Suggest an answer