Search does not work in JIRA on Browse Projects page

sandeep billakanti July 24, 2015

Search for a project is not working. What could be possible error.

3 answers

0 votes
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2015

I think Sandeep is the one searching?

Maybe a re-index will help?

No, I am the JIRA admin and even JIRA users are not able to search for the projects. Reindex didnt help.

Darren Pegg July 27, 2015

Can you as an admin select the COG and then projects under the admin section on the top right handside of the screen and see the project in question? If so.. check the permission scheme who has browse permission?

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2015

Hello Sandeep,

I'm afraid your user does not have the Browse Project permission on the Project Scheme associated to that project. You can check additional information here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Could you give a try and update us with a clarification about the problem ? Thx

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2015

What does "not working" mean?  You type in something and hit return and nothing happens?  You search for a project and it finds nothing? You can't type in the field?

I can type the project name, but when I click on search icon nothing happens.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2015

Ok, can you go directly to the project?

Yes I can search manually for a project and check.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2015

Next question - which "search" are you using? And what version of JIRA?

sandeep billakanti July 26, 2015

JIRA version 6.4.3, When I click on View All Projects there is search option for projects. That particular search is not working.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2015

Ok, this is a "shortening" search, not an "autofill". As you type, it should be shortening the list of projects beneath it. Could you pick an unusual word in your project names and type it in? Does the list below get shorter or not?

sandeep billakanti July 26, 2015

No its not working.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2015

The only thing I can think of now is to check your logs for errors. Beyond that, I'd reach for Atlassian support, as you've ruled out all the errors I've seen in this before.

Suggest an answer