Search by URL field?

mprzytulski April 6, 2014

I would like to search issues by part of URL field, which is impossible, I thought that I will define hidden field which will be text field and I will use Copy Value function on changes, everything works perfectly when using workflow, but there is a problem when editing issue - there is no trigger acction.

Is there any other way of achiving that? My goal is to search by part of URL.

2 answers

0 votes
mprzytulski April 7, 2014

problem is that I am using ondemand version of jira, so Groovy Script runner plugin is not available.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

Hi Michal,

I think you can do that by using Groovy Script runner plugin.

What you can do is query the tickets by "updated" field which should cover, edited, etc then you can fast-track transition an issue and that transition would be called update URL or similar. Transition would run when the condition is met which is the updated field is changed for the tickets past hour or today etc.

Mehmet

mprzytulski April 7, 2014

problem is that I am using ondemand version of jira, so Groovy Script runner plugin is not available.

Miguel Costa May 15, 2017

is there no ticket to upvote so that this url fields can be searched by default like text fields?

Suggest an answer