Search bar in Jira service desk requires Adobe Flash

Cameron Salhany December 17, 2019

A customer of the help desk uses the search bar to find common IT issues.

The link requires Flash player. When I enable it, the help article fails to load. I'm using Chrome.

new.png

Also, Flash will not be supported by Chrome in 2020. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cameron Salhany December 19, 2019
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2019

None of what is in your screenshots appears to be a search bar, or related to Atlassian products directly.

With one exception.  The big grey box with two lines above it might be a Confluence knowledge-base article.

If it is, then you're getting the grey box because the author of the article has stuck something into the page that Confluence does not support.   As you've mentioned Flash, my guess is that it is an iframe or link to a non-Confluence page which does use Flash.  This is something external to Confluence, you should kick the author for doing this and get them to write a proper article (Confluence does not use, or even, in most cases, work with it, as it was deprecated years ago)

Cameron Salhany December 19, 2019

Thank you for the Response, Nic. I created a test page in confluence that contains nothing but text. I tried to search for it through Jira's service desk. Same thing. 

Suggest an answer