Search Tickets by Date Range

Scott Sipiora March 25, 2015

I'm trying to query tickets based on a date range. I've looked at several items here but none of them seem to work. Here is what I'm trying to do:

project = eCom AND assignee in ("name1", "name2", "name3") AND sprint not in (i20150402, i20150317, i20150303) AND resolved >= 2015/02/15 AND resolved<= 2015/03/31

Essentially get the tickets resolved between 2 dates.

Thanks in advance

6 answers

1 vote
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

Can't see why that should happen, might be best to post this directly to Atlassian JIRA Support!?

1 vote
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

Apologies, while that comment may be valid, it would make your filter more open.

For comparison here's an approach that filters out issues resolved within two dates

project = NARW AND issuetype = Bug AND status was Resolved during (2015-01-01, 2015-01-31) AND resolution was in (Fixed, "Fixed not Merged", Done) during (2015-01-01, 2015-01-31)

Scott Sipiora March 25, 2015

I tried doing something much simpler to isolate the problem better. project = ANL AND status was Resolved during (2015-01-01, 2015-01-31) I'm getting an error that says "Error occurred communicating with the server. Please reload the page and try again.". All other queries work fine.

1 vote
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2015

I think your sprint IDs may be the issue as these should be integers. Hover over the sprintID and check what is displayed in the footer of JIRA to get the number of the sprint.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2015

So, let's concentrate on the date clauses - I assume that's what you think is not working?

I can't see anything wrong with your JQL - what is it returning?  Can you definitely identify an issue where the "resolved" date is showing outside that range?

0 votes
Robert Walczyk January 6, 2020

It might be too late you Scott but for everyone else with similar issues (like I just had) - you're missing quotes around your data. This should work:

AND resolved >= "2015/02/15" AND resolved<= "2015/03/31"

0 votes
Alejandra Martínez Arrieta May 21, 2019

Thanks!! @Scott Sipiora  :)

Suggest an answer