Search Issues with translated custom fields

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2014

Hi there,

with Jira 6 it is possible to translate custom fields. Thats nice for international projects/instances.

BUT: It is not possible to search for those translated field-names with JQL.

Example:

field "Schweregrad" already exists and I translated that field with "Severity"

If I change my profile-language to english the field shows correct as Severity in issues.

If I search for issues in the basic-mode I can add "Severity" as search-item, but if i change than to advanced-mode this is "back-translated" to "Schweregrad".
If I type in JQL "Severity = high" an error returns that the field does not exist.

Is that normal that fields are only searchable with JQL as their origianally created names?

Kind regards
André

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2014

HI there,

JQL is always searching for the initial customfield_name and doesn't notice a translation.
if you use german words to create customfields your JQL search has to use these words as well.

Hope this help you.

Greets
Simon

Suggest an answer