Scrum board issue detail view error because issue is in multiple sprints

Florian Zink November 5, 2015

Hi everyone,

a JIRA user contacted me with the following problem:

He has a JIRA issue which is associated in one active sprint and in one future sprint. When he clicks on this issue on his agile board, to open the issue detail view, he receives a red error box instead that says:

"Issue ABC-35193 has multiple active or future sprints" . So the issue detail view never opens.

We are running JIRA 6.2 and JIRA Agile 6.6.80

Is this "works as designed"? Or can we somehow fix the error message and have JIRA display the issue detail view?

Cheers

Florian

2 answers

0 votes
Marco Dohnke August 31, 2016

Hello,

is there any answer on this issue now?

We are facing the same behavior with an issue that was in one future sprint and then moved to another future sprint. Now JIRA is displaying this error message.

0 votes
Michael Silva February 2, 2016

I have a similar issue - I'm trying to figure out how the issue got into 2 active sprints.  (Ideally, I know we don't want 2 active sprints, but we're working through the process snags with a large multi-geo team.)
JIRA 6.4.12, JIRA Agile 6.7.11 - we continuously update, so this may be related to a legacy issue.  

It makes me wonder if it has something to do with the multiple boards that folks on our Engineering team have created, but I've read that Sprints are global to all boards.  

Suggest an answer