Scrum Board: summary of assigning work in "remaining"

Gianni Pucciani July 27, 2017

Hello,

In the Scrum Board, Backlog view header we have the "..." that shows the summary of assigned work.

On that Pop-Up we'd like to see the Remaining Estimate and not the Original Estimate. 

Currently I am using a workaround in Structure (far from being ideal) to see the remaining per user and the aggregate value over a sprint, but I'd like to know if there is a better way.

Using Jira Software 7.1.9.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

Hi Gianni, sorry for plugging in here -- it's not really an answer (I'd love to hear what others have to suggest).

Just wanna say that we'd love to hear your thoughts on what challenges you find with Structure. The task that you describe -- breaking down issues into categories and then calculating almost any metrics based on the hierarchy -- is one of the major benefits of Structure and I think it's more flexible and powerful than other solutions for JIRA. Feel free to reach directly to me at sereda@almworks.com if you're keen to share your experiences.

Thanks!
Igor

Gianni Pucciani July 27, 2017

Hi Igor,

I am actually using Structure (successfully, with your help). Nonetheless I wanted to know if it was possible to do that directly in Jira, whithout navigating away from the Board.

Cheers

Suggest an answer