Scrum Board - Sub-tasks are shown without epics if the parent is filtered out

When using the Scrum Board with Epic swimlanes all sub-tasks are properly shown under the epic their respective parent is assigned to, as seen below

Untitled2.png

However, if we apply a quick filter (e.g. by assignee) and the parent story is filtered out, all the subtasks present will now be in the "issues without epics" swimlane (even though the parent appears grey'ed out), as seen below.

Untitled3.png

The expectation is to have the sub-task always aligned with the proper epic on the Scum Board. In this case the second screenshot should be under the epic not marked "without epic" which is incorrect.

How can I fix this?

If not, is this a known and tracked issue ?

Thanks,
Alex

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

any luck with this?

This widget could not be displayed.

I saw this problem as well: we had a User Story with several Sub Tasks. The Sub Tasks were assigned to the same developer, but the User Story was unassigned. Once I assigned the User Story to someone (anyone. i just didn't leave the field blank or in triage) the problem went away.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

565 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you