Scriptrunner - using a Validator script to block cloning of tickets for specific workflow

Adam Gaudry February 19, 2018

Hi there

Is there any script that I can use to block the cloning of issues? I have noticed some people are cloning closed tickets, which is recreating them with values in fields that are supposed to have values (or even appear) at the first stage of the workflow.

So far I have an easy workaround for this; put a validator in that only allows cloning if the values of the fields from later on in the workflow are blank. Doing this will stop them from cloning closed or progressed tickets, but I just wondered if there was a neater way of doing this with a script?

Best wishes

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2018

I suppose you can do it by taking away the permission to clone an issue when it's in a 'Closed' status. Check out this documentation for more details.

Adam Gaudry May 17, 2018

Thanks Ivan. In the end I got round this by setting down conditions on the transitions, so cloning can't be done beyond a specific stage. This ensures that no-one can clone the tickets once they have started moving to later statuses.

Suggest an answer