Scriptrunner possibilties

Bruce Schlueter February 14, 2017

Hi all,

we have started using JIRA Service Desk and stand in front two tasks. For both I believe we need to use an event listener

1. We have defined SUpport teams and we would like to count how many "hops" an incident takes before it ends up in the correct team. As far as I understand we need an eventlistener that counts the specific changes in that custom field when an issue is updated and then stores the value in a custom field. Would this be possible with the Scriptrunner event listeners?
  2. The second task is we have the need to clone issues into different JIRA projects and would like to automatically update the parent issue if changes are made. Meaning we would like to add the comments and set the status of the parent so the customer can see via portal which state his tickets has. Would thisbe possible with event listener inside Scriptrunner?

Or is this a wrong approach and a different way would be easier?

Thanks for any input

Bruce

2 answers

0 votes
Bruce Schlueter February 14, 2017

Hi Vasily,

we have a Service Desk Team that receives requests from our customers. Some of them are incidents, on which the support team works. The support team have licenses for JIRA Service Desk. Other requests may be for information or regard billing. These requests cannot be resolved by Support and are therefore cloned into a different JIRA project (not Service Desk Project). So the customer only sees that his issue has been forwarded to another team/departement, but he cannot see any info. So we want to sync the comments and status. Then the customer would have all infos he needs.

I will take a look at the history if I can deal with that.

Thanks for your input.

Bruce

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2017

Hi Bruce!

1) If you want to count some field changed then I would reccomend you to use scripted field to analise changeHistory. This is more relaible solution that a listener.

2) I my opinion if you want to have 2 issues into different projects and want to synhrinise it both - it is bad business process. To say short - it is bad idea to dublicate values. Could you get soome information for you needs to do this?

Suggest an answer