Scriptrunner listeners don't recognize "Done" event

dralexk May 14, 2017

Hello,

My project uses the JIRA Software-generated Software Simplified Workflow Scheme:

To Do -> In Progress -> In Review -> Done

I am trying "Clones an issue and links" and "Send a custom email" listener scripts and have set filter on events "Issue Resolved", "Issue Closed".

However, when I move an issue to the "Done" state, nothing happens and on the script listener page I see that the scripts "Has not run yet".

Apparently the listeners don't recognize the "Done" state as "Issue Resolved" or "Issue Closed".

How can I make them do so?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2017

You're confusing "events" with "status".  The status of an issue is where it is in a workflow.  An "event" is something fired when something changes.

There are events like "issue resolved" and "closed" that happen when an issue moves into that status, but these are generated by the *workflow*, not the status. 

Go to the workflow for the issue and look at the *transitions*.  Specifically, look at the transitions going into the status that is in your "done" column (which is also probably "done").  You need to look at the transitions post-functions, one of which is "fire event: X".  The X is the name of the event you need to be looking at in the listener filter.

dralexk May 15, 2017

Thank you Nic,

I did as you said, and everything works now!

Suggest an answer