Scriptrunner Workflow condition is not hiding the transition in issues when it computes to false

Hello,

I have a condition I wrote to hide a transition unless there is an issue with the type "Problem" linked to the current issue. When I test the code in ScriptRunners code console against different issues it results in True and False as would be expected for the test issues. The problem is when I put in in the workflow on the transitions condition tab the transition never gets hid. I write to the log the result of the condition and can see the false result, but the transition is still available. Thoughts on what I am missing/not understanding causing the transition to still show even when the below code results in False?

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLink

Boolean passesCondition = false
def type =[]

def linkMgr = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager()

for (IssueLink link in linkMgr.getOutwardLinks(issue.id)) {
    type.add(link.getDestinationObject().getIssueType().name)
}
for (IssueLink link in linkMgr.getInwardLinks(issue.id)) {
    type.add(link.getDestinationObject().getIssueType().name)
}

for (item in type) {
    if(item == "Problem"){
        passesCondition  = true
    }
}
passesCondition
log.warn (passesCondition)

1 answer

Quick easy fix from closer reading of the examples.

I am declaring passesCondition as a Boolean in my code. It's a special variable in scriptrunner apparently and does not need to be declared. I removed the deceleration and all started working.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

576 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you