Scriptrunner: Where is "Update blocking issues" actually?

Phil Ryan April 7, 2016

Hello,

We have the plugin Scriptrunner (version 3.0.16) installed in our instance of Jira  (version 6.2.3).

We note that the documentation for the 3.x Scriptrunner releases is here:

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts

"... For version 3.x of ScriptRunner for JIRA documentation see below.
    ..."

In this documentation, the script "Update blocking issues" can be found under: "Built-In Scripts" (and not under Post-functions).

However, in the documentation for version 4.x of the plugin here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html we find references to "Update blocking issues" under Post-functions.

Finally, having said all that, in our Jira instance we can't find the script (or references to it) anywhere in our instance!

So, can somebody give me a pointer as to how to utilise the "Update blocking issues" script and specifically, how to find it?

Thanks,

Phil.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2016

For 3.0.16: In the workflows section when you add a post-function to a transition, you should see "Script Post-Function" then select that and you should select the script "Adds a comment to all blocked issues when this issue is transitioned."

0 votes
Phil Ryan April 8, 2016

I'm clearly going blind(er). It is slightly buried in fairness to me though.

Thanks!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2016

yes, the title in the docs is not the same as in the product... our fault.

Suggest an answer