Scriptrunner Script to list all Unused custom fields

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2019

Hi All,

I'm looking for a JIRA cloud scriptrunner sample snippet to display all the unused custom fields.

TIA!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

Hi Ashish,

I can confirm that it is not possible to achieve your requirement of returning all unused custom fields with ScriptRunner for Jira  Cloud as Atlassian do not provide a rest API to obtain this information inside of Jira Cloud.

The reason we are unable to provide this functionality is due to the restricted functionality and API's which Atlassian provide inside JIRA Cloud, due to the fact that Atlassian only provides a Rest API in Jira Cloud and not the same Java API that the server version contains.

You can see more detailed information on the differences between ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud and ScriptRunner for JIRA Server inside of the documentation page located here.

If this answer has solved your issue can you please accept it in order to mark this answer as correct for users who are searching for a similar issue.

Regards,

Kristian

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2019

@Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_  Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Ahmet Kilic July 15, 2020

hi Kristian

I need the same thing in Server side. is this possible?

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2020

Hi Ahmet,

I am not sure if this is possible with ScriptRunner for Jira Server and I would ask you to raise a new question tagged with Jira Server so another member who is more familiar with the server version can answer this question.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer