Scriptrunner Plugin usage

Ashish Yadav May 5, 2015

I installed Script runner plugin a while ago but am not sure if this plugin is being used. How can I verify that?

4 answers

1 vote
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2022

I know this was from a million years ago (and this solution may not have existed back then), but I'll answer in case anyone else is looking for the info.

Under Built-in Scripts, search for "registry."  The script that comes up will show you all the places custom scripts are used.

You can also look in each ScriptRunner tab in the Manage Apps section of the Jira admin console.  There you can see if such things as Behaviours or REST endpoints exist.  Under the Script Editor tab, you'll see if anyone saved any of the scripts as files.

But the Script Registry is the best place to see everything in one place.

Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2022

Yes, Script Registry is accurate answer in 2022. But be aware, that if you have "large" instance or there are million workflow copies, your server and your browser will have hard times on that page. ;-)

Like WW likes this
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2022

If you've got a million workflow copies, you might have bigger problems. ;)

If the page has trouble loading, then you've got your answer.  ScriptRunner is in use.

1 vote
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2015

There is not easy way. You should look into:

• workflows, whether there are references to GroovyCondition, GroovyValidator, GroovyFunctionPlugin classes
  • services, whether there are not references to GroovyService class
  • filters, whether there are not references to Scriptrunner JQL functions
  • customfields, for Script fields
  • Script listeners
  • Script behaviours.
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2015

Agreed, ScriptRunner is a massively useful and widespread add-on, it could be used in lots of different places.

0 votes
Ashish Yadav May 5, 2015

I am just looking for confirmation if this plugin is being used by our instance or not. Is there an easy way to find out?

0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2015

Hi Ashish,

I recommend you to take a look on the official documentationsmile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Suggest an answer