Scripted field only return Anonymous User

Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2016

I try to set the component lead to a scripted field (return the first component with a lead), but all I get is Anonymous user as value. What do I do wrong - according to article https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/14202925 I should return an ApplicationUser and as far as I understand, that's what I'm doing. 

def components = issue.getComponents();
components.each {
	if(it.getComponentLead() != null){
		return it.getComponentLead();

}
}

1 answer

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2016

Try this code, it works for me

import com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.component.ProjectComponent
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
for(ProjectComponent projectComponent: issue.getComponentObjects()){
    if(projectComponent.getComponentLead() != null)
        return projectComponent.getComponentLead().getDisplayName()
}
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2016

Doesn't work for me. Still get Anonymous. Are you using "User picker" template for your scripted field?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2016
  1. Do you have any components with no lead? 
  2. Are you sure that component lead is into jira-users group?
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2016

I'll answer my own question. The problem was actually that I did not have the correct search template for the custom field. It was set to "Free text searcher" which didn't work with the user picker value from the scripted field. 

Now that I changed it to User Picker Searcher, it works as a charm!

Suggest an answer