Scripted field for transition number - how to?

Rumceisz July 3, 2014

Hi All,

hence I am not acquinted in Groovy could you please help me? We would like to have a custom field which displays the number of reopening an issue. So by default the value will be 0 for each issue and each time the issue has been reopened from Resolved to Reopen than the value will increment by 1.

We don't have MISC workflow plugin nor JJUPIN. We only have Behaviour and Script Runner. Could you please help us?

The workflow post function method is not working for us because we need that values retrospectively.

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

1 answer

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
def componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()
def changeHistoryManager = componentManager.getChangeHistoryManager()
Double counter=0
changeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField(issue, "status").each{
 if (it.toString=="Reopened")
 {
  counter=counter+1
 }
}

return counter
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

You need to create new custom field of type Scripted Field and add upper code to it (from jira administration, Add-ons, Scriptrunner Script fields).

Field has parameters:

- Template: Number field
- Configured searcher: Number Searcher

Please check your status name after reopening issue and change it in script to proper value.

Liat Yanco May 17, 2018

Hi Vidic,

it was very helpful for me, thanks!

any chance is not working for status I created in Jira? I tried to this with the status "Reopened By Customer" and it didn't work. any idea why?

Suggest an answer