ScriptRunner to clear all inactive assignees w/o updating issues

Joshua DeClerck June 22, 2016

After noticing how ScriptRunner's built-in script to clean up resolutions doesn't count as activity on the issues it touches, I wondered if similar clean-up operations could be done from the script console. In this case, I'd like to find all issues that haven't been updated in x days, where the assignee is an inactive account, and then reset those issues to unassigned.

This is pretty easy to do with a bulk operation, but I'd like to avoid making a bunch of old tickets look suddenly active again if possible.

It's probably also simple from the database, but I try to work with a policy of not writing to that unless I absolutely HAVE to.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2016

You will need to do the storing and indexing manually without going through any of the issue services or managers otherwise the history will change.

You can adapt the following code to prevent an entry being added in the history:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.IssueIndexManager
import com.atlassian.jira.util.ImportUtils

def indexManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueIndexManager)

boolean wasIndexing = ImportUtils.isIndexIssues();
ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(true);

try {
    // do something to issue object and store
    issue.store()
}
finally {
    indexManager.reIndex(issue);
    ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(wasIndexing);
}

Suggest an answer