ScriptRunner issueFunction only available for 1 particular group

Yoann GUIRIMAND September 17, 2015

Hi,

I'm having hard time with Script Runner JQL. issueFunction is only working for 1 particular group.

If users are member of this group, issuefunction works perfectly fine, if not, users have the message "Field 'issuefunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."

There's nothing particular with this group: as all other groups in my config, no specific permission scheme, no notification scheme, no issue security scheme, no saved filer...

Custom Field issueFunction has the default configuration scheme: global context, all issues, all projetcs

I tried deactivate/reactivate plugin without success, tried reboot JIRA also without success

JIRA v6.2.3, ScriptRunner v3.0.16

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2015

Yoann,

ScriptRunner installs a Custom Field called issueFunction when you install the Add-on.

Since you've already checked the "Available context" is global (all issues).

The second thing would be to check your JIRA Field configurations and ensure the CF issueFunction is not hidden nor placed on any particular screen. Perhaps you could also ensure you have full permissions to search for issues in a particular project and restrict your search to that project. Please ensure you have the "Browse Project" permission for that project. The default in JIRA is normally all users with the role of Users in that project and can be assigned by group. Perhaps the group this works for has been assigned that role in at least one project?

project = "A" and issuefunction in
Seb Kouba September 21, 2016

We had the same problem. I could only find one user that could see the function in the search. Turned out showing the field in the global configuration solved to problem. No idea how it got hidden in the first place.

0 votes
Yoann GUIRIMAND September 17, 2015

Great, it works !

Field was indeed hidden in Field configuration. 

Many Thanks

Suggest an answer