ScriptRunner activation failed (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptRunnerImpl)

Florian Boitrel June 23, 2015

Hello,

I installed the ScriptRunner v3.0.16 version on a JIRA v6.2.7 (upload directly the jar scriptrunner-jira-3.0.16.jar).

I have an issue while trying to activate the ScriptRunner plugin:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'scriptRunner' defined in URL [bundle://143.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptRunnerImpl

(...)

The activation does not work at first and JIRA asks to check the logbooks.

When activating a second time there is no error message but the plugin is still not working.

If I try a third time I will have again the error message, etc...

I did not try to restart Jira.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

3 answers

0 votes
Florian Boitrel June 25, 2015

Setting -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64min in setenv.sh works fine.

During JIRA restart the ScriptRunner (groovyrunner-2.1.17) was automatically activated.

It could be interesting to understand why it does not work with latest plugin version.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your support!

0 votes
Florian Boitrel June 24, 2015

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

Unfortunately this JIRA instance is not connected to internet for security reasons, this is why I uploaded the .jar file.

I also tried to install an old groovyrunner-2.1.17.jar compatible with JIRA v6.2.7 (with and without Behaviours-0.5.12.jar "Jamie Echlin Plugin Info Plugin - Safe to remove") but I have the "out of space in CodeCache for adapters" error for groovyrunner.

Maybe I could try this to resolve it using https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-56:

"You could try setting: -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m

in your setenv.sh / setenv.bat script and restarting, which should fix it."

Unless you have another idea?

Thanks!

0 votes
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

Hi Floran,

I suggest uninstall the add-on and then try installing it from the add-ons.

• Browse to the add-ons page
  • Select Find new add-ons on the left
  • Search for Scriptrunner and click on install from the displayed add-on
  • It is the good way to install

and let us know if you still face problems

Suggest an answer