[ScriptRunner]: Script scheduling problems using scriptRunner

Alessandro Concina February 12, 2016

Hi

I'm configuirng a post function script to call a script on the machine in which is installed Jira using ScriptRunner. The groovy script calls the execution of the python script. Unfortunately the effective execution of the py script has a variable time. For instance with the issue xxx the script is called and runned immediately. By calling the script for the issue yyy (that is equal to the xxx issue) it takes more than 1 hour to call the Python script.

By looking a the postFunction groovy script it seems that all is ok (it's marked as correctly executed).
There exists a way for monitoring the execution or, are there known solutions related to this problem?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

Alessandro,

I'm not aware of any existing problems but it also seems to me that you need to be thinking about using a monitoring tool on the machine or use more script logging in order to diagnose the problem further.

0 votes
Alessandro Concina April 10, 2016

Hi Mark

Thank you for your answer. It seems that there was a network issue not related to ScriptRunner. At the moment it looks working fine.

Goodbye

Alessandro

Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2016

Good news - thanks for letting me know.

Suggest an answer