ScriptRunner - Escalation Service doesn't work with interval

Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

Hey there,

Got some escalation services on an instance ~about 10.
They are all like this below to automatic transition issues in another project which are linked with this in a special sort of link.

If I "Run now" this services they work fine - but they total ignore the interval and do nothing themself.

any ideas ?

JIRA 6.3.7. and Script Runner 3.0.6 

Description:Resolved -> Closed
Interval:5
JQL:project = "X" and issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status = Closed", "is Work-Ticket to") and status changed from Resolved
Action:701 Close Issue
Run as:admin
Additional Code: 
Operations:

Edit Delete

2 answers

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

I had faced the same earlier , I restarted the plugin service which you can find in JIRA services .

This solved my issue and the configured services worked as expected.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2014

... ok - there is totally no service in there except the standard :(

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2014

Goto : System >> Services >> search for com.onresolve.jira.groovy.canned.admin.EscalationService:job Then click on edit then update .

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2014

Name / Class Properties Delay (mins) Mail Queue Service com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailQueueService 1 Sicherungsdienst com.atlassian.jira.service.services.export.ExportService USE_DEFAULT_DIRECTORY: true 720 Von JIRA Service Desk verwendeter Mailhandler. Darf nicht geändert oder gelöscht werden. 10.100 com.atlassian.servicedesk.squalor.email.ServiceDeskMailFetcherService handler.params: SD_MAIL_SERVER_ID=10100 popserver: Mailserver für x@x.net. Von JIRA Service Desk erstellt. 1 Audit log cleaning service com.atlassian.jira.service.services.auditing.AuditLogCleaningService 1440

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2014

Nothing to search here - and if I try to set a new it doesn't work as well with the class you mentioned :(

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2014

I believe this is the reason the escalation service is not working . Check if all modules of the Script runner plugin are enabled. OR may be @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] the author of Script runner can help you here.

Andreas Haaken March 29, 2015

Well, that is definitely the reason for that problem, as the service triggers the defines escalations. We have faced the same problem since several versions. What i know is: - You need the service which triggers the execution. - This service should run every minute What I do not know is: Whats the classname of the service (adding the class names above doesnt work) Maybe @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] Knows the right answer ;)

Virgil Carcu May 12, 2015

Hi, I am facing the same problem here. Has anyone sorted out this issue by now?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2015

@Virgil Carcu if this is still an issue can you add the versions please.

Virgil Carcu October 6, 2015

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] it works now, thank you!

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2015

Just cleaning things up. Problems are scheduling are fixed by upgrading to, I think it was, 3.1.3. All the scheduling code was rewritten and should be much more reliable.

Suggest an answer