ScriptRunner Behaviour not working on Edit Screen

Deleted user August 11, 2017

Hello everyone

I have a behaviour which requires the user to set an assignee based on the selected issue security. The assignee cannot be unassigned.

This works just fine when creating an issue. On the Edit Screen however, it does not. I can edit an unassigned issue, set the appropriate issue security and it will be accepted without an assignee set.

I debugged the script and can confirm that it enters the desired if condition and should set the field to required.

grafik.png

grafik.png

What am I missing here?

Thanks and BR

Marius

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user August 11, 2017

Please ignore (I can't delete the question). One of my workflow validators was responsible for the desired action. The behaviour works.

Nishant Paraskar December 15, 2020

Please what happend actually . Because i am facing the same issue .

My Script runner Script behaviour is working for create screen but not working for edit screen .

Script runner Version:6.15.0  

Script code :

-----------------------------------------------------------

import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FormField

def donorNameField = getFieldById("customfield_12331") // i.e Donor name field i.e Dropdown field
def donorNameFieldValue = donorNameField.getValue()

def OtherDonerNameField = getFieldById("customfield_11902") //ClearField field i.e Other Doner Name field

donorNameField.setRequired(true)
//-----------------------------------Logic To set text box to empty when you select "Other option from Drop down"------------------

if(donorNameFieldValue.toString().contains("Other"))
{

OtherDonerNameField.setHidden(false); // To Show it ---> we use "false"

OtherDonerNameField.setRequired(true)
}

else
{

OtherDonerNameField.setHidden(true); // To hide it ---> we use "true"

OtherDonerNameField.setFormValue(null) // to set empty when "other" is selected from dropdown , we passed Null to formField

OtherDonerNameField.setRequired(false)

}

-------------------------------------------------

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events