ScriptRunner: Add a script root for this path warning?

Adam Barylak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2015

We are testing an upgrade of JIRA from version 6.1.3 to 6.4.5 and have updated the Script Runner plugin.  Now we are getting a Warning message in the logs every time a script is enacted via workflow.  Can you let me know why we are getting these and what we can do to fix these warnings so that we don't get them?  Is there a new way of handling the scripts in this version?

I tried searching the documentation but didn't find anything relating to a script root when running a script via workflow.  I could only find mention of it during a plugin section.

Here is the main part of the log message:

[onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptRunnerImpl] Add a script root for this path: <Path to .groovy file>

5 answers

1 vote
Terry Beavers November 28, 2016

I found this in the ScriptRunner documentation:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.1/jira/#_script_roots

I moved all of my groovy scripts to the new default directory under $JIRA_HOME/scripts, modified the Script file location in my workflows, and the WARNING message no longer appears in the log file.

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2016

I found this in the logs too, Wondering if calling scripts via path stored in a variable is somehow not supported anymore?

0 votes
Swati Mittal June 30, 2016

We are also getting same warning, any idea how to remove such warnings. 

0 votes
Rahul K November 4, 2015

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] - Can you advise why this warning would come? The groovy service runs properly, but the warning message is logged every time it runs.

0 votes
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2015

Hi Adam,

I have the same issue. JIRA version 6.3.4 and scriptrunner version 3.0.6. Nevertheless all scripts seem to work fine.

Suggest an answer