Script workflow function : Fast-track transition an issue

Hi,

In post-functions part, I used 2 script workflow functions but I sometimes get this exception:

[atlassian.jira.workflow.OSWorkflowManager] Caught exception while attempting to perform action 1041 from workflow 281049 on issue 'PRDIT-27342'

com.opensymphony.workflow.StoreException: Error marking step #642379 finished: root cause: Tried to update an entity that does not exist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

You need to make sure that the second one has a mutually exclusive condition to the first one. Only one of these should be allowed to execute.

If you want to move issue through 2 transitions (as I understand from the screen) - it would be better to put one postfunction in current transition, and second postfunction to the next. THe behaviour of your current event is unpredictable, as you are not sure if the fire event after the transition was executed before the next try.

Thank you for your reply Alexey.

I have a condition for the first fast track transtion but not for the second one. So if the condition is not met than the second fast track transition is applied. However, it sometimes fails even if the condition is met and throws an exception that I mentioned in my post. Also the second fast track transition is applied.

You need to make sure that the second one has a mutually exclusive condition to the first one. Only one of these should be allowed to execute.

And please tag your question with the plugin's tag.

You mean that I should write a mutually exclusive condition to the first one and I cannot blank it. Am I right?

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] I placed a mutually exclusive condition to the first one for the second one as per your recommendation and it works now accurately. Thank you for your help. By the way, if you convert your comment to answer then I can accept it.

0 vote
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Aug 19, 2014

Hi,

I would suggest you to to use two different transition and the second transition can be hidden transition ( part of workflow transition plugin) and make sure the second fast-track transition post-function is part of this second transition which is hidden from the user and can only be triggered from within the workflow itself.

Thank you for your reply Tarun. Both fast-track transition are hidden and so they are triggered from current transition itself.

I placed a mutually exclusive condition to the first one for the second one as per Jamie recommendation. It sometimes fails so I should wait if it works properly.

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Aug 19, 2014

If both are hidden I would suggest you to put the second transition in the post-function of the first hidden transition , it's a much cleaner approach.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

197 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you