Script to change issue access

Kate September 30, 2022

Dear All,

Extremly need your help! 

I need to create Jira Automation: for all issues with resolution more than 30 days ago I have to write script that only jira administrators (not project administrators) should have the access to. It means that only jira administrators will be able to see the issue 30 days after decesion.

Could you please help?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

Hello @Kate 

Welcome to the community.

You will need to define Issue Security Schemes/Levels for the projects that include these issues. Then you can use Automation to set the Issue Security Level for the issues resolved for 30+ days.

Here is an article on Issue Security.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-issue-level-security-938847117.html

And here is an article that shows an example of an Automation Rule that includes setting the Issue Security level for issues.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automation-rule-setting-issue-security-level-fails-1123193099.html

Kate October 1, 2022

Thank you so much!!! I will try 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

Hi @Kate 

You need to do this using Issue Security Level called Hidden mapped to Jira Administrator. This should not be the default level.

I don't have a script to change the security level. I guess you already have ScriptRunner for Jira? I am sure if you find something if you search online.

Otherwise you can also bulk edit the issues, as long as the Issue Security Level field is on the edit screen and give the permission to set the issue security level.

Ravi

Kate October 1, 2022

Thank you!! :)

Suggest an answer