Script runner: 'send a custom email" to user group custom field

Lisa Baumann January 30, 2015

Hi,

I would like to send an email with the built-in script function 'Send a custom email'. In the "to Issue field" I want to use a custom field which is of type user group  (single selection). I inserted the issue id customfield_10536, but the respective users are not added to the recipient list.

What do I have to insert into the "To issue field" for a custom user group field?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 vote
Lisa Baumann February 1, 2015

I used a custom field of type Group Picker (single group) and as mentioned inserted the id of this custom field. According to the description of script-runner, this should be possible:

Who to send the email to - valid issue fields such as assignee, reporter, projectLead, componentLead, watchers, user or user group custom fields

But I don't know what to insert in the "To issue field"...

I detected a JIRA issue (https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-370) which seems to cover this aspect. Does anyone no if this has been solved yet?

Greetings

1 vote
Cesare Jacopo Corzani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2015

I've tried with User Picker field (multiple users) and it is working. Can I have more details about the custom field you are using?

SB December 13, 2016

Did you entered group name or custom field id ? to the "to issue field" 

0 votes
Consulente Atlassian March 24, 2022

ciao I'll try in this mode but not run, can you help me ? Please note that "Gruppo Assegnatario Precedente" is a Custom Field Type Group Picker Single Choice Thanks in advance

Schermata 2022-03-24 alle 08.59.14.pngSchermata 2022-03-24 alle 08.59.09.png

Suggest an answer