Script runner (or alternative) to run calculations after bulk edit

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

Hi,

I'm facing a huge problem. Currently I'm calculation a custom field "defect value / serverity" based on the values of certain other custom fileds using the behavious plugin.

Now my customer wants to edit one of these field by bulk edit every release. That should trigger the behaviour or the calculation to re-calculate my defect value. Is there any possibility other than developing a plugin etc. to get around that problem?

Maybe a temporary global transition with the calculation as a post-function...

Thanks for any help,

Christian

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

Can't you use a calculated custom field? If it's the case that the value is calculated but then can be overridden by the user, then use the behaviours plugin. Otherwise, a calulated custom field is the better option.

Script runner plugin has "scripted fields", should you wish to use groovy.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2012

Well, I have the code used in my behaviour.. Could I use the same code on a scripted field? I mean basically what I'm doing is running the same script on every custom field used to calculate my defect value in case on is getting updated.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2012

Not the same code but similar.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2012

Don't need to calculate anymore. Maybe I can get back to you if I need to create some scripted fields... Thanks anyway

Suggest an answer