Script runner escalation service scheduler

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2015

Hi,

I use escalation service in script runner plugin, job executes correctly when I run it manually, but somehow it doesn't run on schedule (daily). Did someone know what could be problem? Did I have to define a service or something in Jira, so that escalation service would run.

Andris.

5 answers

0 votes
Ralfe Collie November 8, 2015

I've updated the latest version 4.x of Script Runner that supports JIRA 6.x. I also tried CRON expressions but still no luck having the escalation fire automatically

0 votes
Paul Eichholzer October 13, 2015

Hi Andris,
Hi Ralfe,

Have you tried to do it with a CRON expression? From my side it worked fine with CRON:

0 0 1 ? * 7 * = every Saturday at 1am

If you want to have it on a daily basis at 1am it would look like:

0 0 1 * * * *

Note:

tag 1: seconds (JIRA speciality)
tag 2: minutes
tag 3: hours
tag 4: day
tag 5: month
tag 6: weekday
tag 7: year
separator: blank

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2015

looks like it hangs somehow. After jira restart it works again for some time...

0 votes
Ralfe Collie August 31, 2015

Hi Jamie,

I'm having the same problem. Escalation performs as expected when run manually but never runs. Interval is 1 day. I.e. 1440

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2015

hi, what version of jira and the plugin is this?

Ralfe Collie September 6, 2015

JIRA 6.3.6 and Script Runner 3.0.6

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2015

There were major changes to the scheduling mechanism in version 4 - can you try that? Warning: version 4 is commercial.

Bryan Karsh February 21, 2018

Hey Jamie,

I am running into the same problem. The Escalation Service runs fine manually, but neither the cron nor interval execute. Running script runner 5.1.6 on Service Desk 3.0.10.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2015

Does it skip days, or do you think it never runs?

Suggest an answer