Script runner downgrade

Geoffrey Laparra October 22, 2015

Hello,

I've 'missedclicked' on the paid upgrade button on the Addon Jira's management page.
It result on an immediate upgrade to free trial of ScriptRunner.

I was expecting to be redirected on the pricing page instead of launching a free trial upgrade WITH NO CONFIRMATION PROMPT.
I'm just an administrator. Any priced tool I want to use is subject to prior financial approval.
Many scripts are already written with SR. I can't afford to loose theses functionalities.

The new trial version runs 80 moduls while the previous was running 93. I can't afford to loose any functionality
Could you tell how to downgrade to prior version please .

Geoffrey Laparra

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015

Uninstall, then get the latest compatible free version from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner, then upload that.

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015

In general, it's hard to know if you can downgrade a JIRA add-on. The data isn't removed by uninstalling them in general. So it should be fine to uninstall a later version and upload and earlier version. The hard part is knowing if the schema of the data was changed by the upgrade. Very few add-on upgrades make this explicit. 

I'd love to see some kind of flag on the list of versions of each add-on that says "we know that upgrading to this version means you won't be able to downgrade". With a proviso saying that the flag not being there is no guarantee of being able to downgrade

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2015
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2015

Yep, good points, and the KB article makes no mentioned of schema upgrades etc. The only way is to ask really. But I can categorically say there have been no upgrade tasks since it became paid-for.

Geoffrey Laparra October 25, 2015

Thank you for the last precision Jamie.

0 votes
Geoffrey Laparra October 27, 2015

The downgrade by uninstalling latest version and reinstalling prior version worked fine.
I just used UPM to complete these two steps.
My Workflows' inline scripts are operational. 

Thank you all for your help.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2015

I'm not sure if you can downgrade add-ons via the UI or UPM (I have not tried it). What I did before was to uninstall/install the old version but this may remove all your SR functions in place too.

Maybe you can try removing the SR JAR in the System and replacing it with something else? I found this reference (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Downgrading+an+Add-on+to+an+Earlier+Version). You may need to clear all the plugin cache to avoid any issues (JIRA_HomePlugins folder. Delete the '.osgi-plugins' and the '.bundled-plugins' folders. These 2 folders will be rebuilt when JIRA restarts). I have not tried this myself too.

The Adaptavist people can give you an official answer though smile

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2015

it doesn't remove any of your stored data, it should all be fine.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2015

Good to know :)

Suggest an answer