Script runner Send Mail get Body

Pushparaj Bhaskaran August 30, 2014

Hi,

I use the JIRA Mail handler to create an issue ,it works pefectly .

What I need is to intercept the issue when it get created and send out another mail with IssueID in summary .

So in the Create Transition of the workflow , I use the Send Mail Post Function

I use the script runner send mail script and can fill in the subject $issue.summary .Can't get it to fill in with the body content that the mail handler got and also the From address of the original email

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2014

issue.summary works, but issue.description does not?

You can't get access to aspects to the incoming mail directly, eg the headers or the content. All you get is the issue that jira creates from it.

Pushparaj Bhaskaran August 31, 2014
Yeah, the description works. What about the sender email, I need it to put in CC of this email.
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2014

should be issue.reporter.mail.

Unless you have configured it to create issues as a particular user. In which case you can't get it, as I said you don't have access to the mail object.

Suggest an answer