Script runner Listener fails with no protocol error?

Timothy Harris February 18, 2015

Just trying out a listener with script runner. Basically took the example given by @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]. Compiled it and put class under /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/test

package test

import com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.AbstractIssueEventListener
import com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.IssueEvent
import org.apache.log4j.Category

class ThemedStoryListener extends AbstractIssueEventListener{
Category log = Category.getInstance("ThemedStoryListener")

@Override
 void workflowEvent(IssueEvent event) {
log.warn "Event: ${event.getEventTypeId()} fired for ${event.issue} and caught by ThemedStoryListener"
 }
}

Listener is found and all of that. editing an issue and I see the following in the JIRA log:

/rest/api/2/issue/UAT-8/comment [atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher] There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event '[com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.IssueEvent@3d732518[issue=UAT-8,comment=com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentImpl@47de9fd9,worklog=<null>,changelog=<null>,eventTypeId=6,sendMail=true,params={eventsource=action, baseurl=http://localhost:8080},subtasksUpdated=false], SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptListener.workflowEvent(com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.IssueEvent), listener=com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptListener@1c41e604}]' from the invoker 'java.lang.RuntimeException: no protocol: null'

No clue as to what the problem is. Anybody got an idea?

JIRA version is: 6.3.7

Script runner version is: 3.0.7

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alejo Villarrubia [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2015

I think you may be experiencing the same issues as the ones mentioned here: https://developers.atlassian.com/questions/11445616/failing-script-listener

Thanks, but I already found that. I have also the proper imports. So it doesn't help me :-(

Alejo Villarrubia [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2015

sorry I didn't help with that. When you say you are compiling the groovy script and putting the the class under that directory, you mean you're copying the .class file? Have you tried referencing the .groovy file instead?

That's it :-) I don't know why I copied the class. I think I read it in the script runner documentation. But that may be out of date. Thanks!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2015

Anything referring to copying compiled classes around is almost certainly out of date, sorry about that.

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] No worries.

Suggest an answer