Script runner - Fire an event when condition is true - no email for project role members

Alexander Regler September 3, 2015

Hi there,

I've created a post function "Fire an event when condition is true" for issues with major priority. The fired event is part of my notification scheme and emails should be sent to the project lead and all the people in a certain project role. But only the project lead gets an email. How can I send the emails to the role members with this function? Or is it a bug in Script runner?

Thanx

Alexander

2 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2015

It's too early to say it's a bug. What troubleshooting have you done so far? Here are some points I think you can check:

• How sure are you that the condition has passed? The email being sent to the Project lead maybe because of other events in the post-function. Check if there are others.
  • Where is the Event positioned in your post-function? It should be on the bottom most (after several important post-functions)
  • What is the template being used by your Event? Is it valid?

Let us know so we can advise more if we can.

Alexander Regler September 6, 2015

Thanx Gabrielle, - the conditon is true: the email to the project lead was sent. Further I activated logging and can see the result in the catalina.out. - the event is positioned at the bottom of all post function - the template I've tried is the "Issue created" template which is valid. I did some further investigations: I've put the project lead, a project role and a group into the notification scheme for this event. Only one mail was sent to one of the group member. Strange.

0 votes
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2015

Are u trying to send the email with the scirpt post function or with JIRA event notification?

In case you are using script post function (send email) , try to use the project role ID instead of NAME

Alexander Regler September 3, 2015

As mentioned the post function fires the event (called Blocker). Blocker is part of the notification scheme and email should be send to the project lead und the role "Product Owner". But the role members don't get that email.

Suggest an answer