Script listener error

Mateusz Muller December 29, 2017

Hello

I'm trying to set up script listener that would transition issue when story is linked but i get the following error:

2017-12-19 11:35:59,247 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: *************************************************************************************
2017-12-19 11:35:59,248 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: Script function failed on event: com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.link.IssueLinkCreatedEvent, script: com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.FasttrackTransition
Assertion failed:
assert issue // issue in doScript
       |
       null
    at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.FasttrackTransition.doScript(FasttrackTransition.groovy:99)

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2017

Hello,

That would be the lines which give the error in the FasttrackTransition.groovy

def issue = params['issue'] as MutableIssue

String actionId = params[FIELD_ACTION]
actionId = actionId?.replaceAll(/ .*/, "")

assert issue // issue in doScript

I think the problem is that IssueLinkCreatedEvent does not hold the issue parameter. It holds issuelink and you can get issues only by refrencing destination and source issue objects. But the script wants the issue parameter which the event does not have. 

I believe that you can not use the event for the FasttrackTransition listener. You need to develop your custom listener.

Though I did not check my guess.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2017

The message means that the variable "issue" has null value in your script, i.e. it is not passed to the script.

You may want to check how (in what property?) the IssueLinkCreatedEvent carries the information about the issue.

Mateusz Muller December 29, 2017

i have used built in "fast-track transition an issue" didn't know that there are additional details that need to be defined...

Suggest an answer