Script Runner - show calculated date fields in Date section.

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

My script runner calculated dates are shown in the main body of an issue rather than the dates section, even though I have the template configured as "Date Time Picker" and the searcher set to "Date Time Range picker".

Is there a way to make date fields calculated with script runner behave as a native date field?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2014

Pretty sure this has been discussed before, but can't find it now. The date panel is limited to system dates and custom fields that use the marker interface com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.DateField.

I can't do that because it will always show in that panel regardless of whether it's a date or not.

I can't right now think of a clever of making it configurable either. Maybe create an issue...

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2014
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2014

this will be in the next major release

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2014

Great news! Does this mean we'll be able to leaverage calculated date fields in Team Calendars as well? Please say yes. :)

Suggest an answer