Script Runner error: "Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it"

stephanie January 2, 2018

We are using JIRA v6.3.13 with ScriptRunner v3.0.7 and since a few weeks we have been receiving the error "Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.".  This happens for all users we have tested.  We have filters and dashboards using ScriptRunner scripts, and this has been working for months.  

I already tried to disable and enable the AddOn and to re-index the system.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2018

You may consider raising an issue directly with Adaptavist: https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/user/login?destination=portals

Does the JQL function show up in the JQL Autocomplete?

Do you see errors in the application log while you're trying to autocomplete or search the JQL function?

stephanie January 2, 2018

It does not show up in the JQL autocomplete and i see errors on trying to search the JQL function.

Thanks i will turn to the adaptavist support directly.

stephanie January 3, 2018

Unfortunately the adaptavist support is not in charge for the free version of the ScriptRunner plugin (3.x) and asked me to get support for this issue via the Atlassian Community site. So I would be glad if someone could help me with this ...

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

Can you show us the plugin via a screenshot? I'm hoping you can show us the installation status as well as hopefully all modules enabled.

I specifically asked if you see Application Errors when autocomplete or using the JQL: I do not mean in the GUI. I want to know if your SERVER is throwing ERRORS in the LOG file. 

stephanie January 8, 2018

please find below the plugin - all modules are enabled - and an extract of the log.

I hope this helps

2018-01-04 10:32:14,546 atlassian-scheduler-quartz1.clustered_Worker-1 ERROR ServiceRunner [jenkins.services.impl.DefaultJobService] Skipping job list synchronization of JenkinsPRD, remote is online but not accessible
2018-01-04 10:33:22,828 atlassian-scheduler-quartz1.clustered_Worker-2 INFO ServiceRunner Subversion Index Update Service [revisions.scheduling.clustersafe.UpdateSvnIndexService] Indexing job started at Thu Jan 04 10:33:22 CET 2018
2018-01-04 10:33:23,965 atlassian-scheduler-quartz1.clustered_Worker-2 ERROR ServiceRunner Subversion Index Update Service [ext.subversion.revisions.DefaultLuceneIndexAccessor] Problem with path /app/project/app/jira/data/caches/indexes/plugins/atlassian-subversion-revisions: Lock obtain timed out: SimpleFSLock@/app/project/app/jira/data/caches/indexes/plugins/atlassian-subversion-revisions/write.lock
org.apache.lucene.store.LockObtainFailedException: Lock obtain timed out: SimpleFSLock@/app/project/app/jira/data/caches/indexes/plugins/atlassian-subversion-revisions/write.lock
at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:84)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:1115)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:932)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.revisions.DefaultLuceneIndexAccessor.getIndexWriter(DefaultLuceneIndexAccessor.java:36)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.revisions.RevisionIndexer.updateIndex(RevisionIndexer.java:229)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.revisions.scheduling.clustersafe.UpdateSvnIndexService.run(UpdateSvnIndexService.java:40)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:66)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.runService(ServiceRunner.java:75)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.runServiceId(ServiceRunner.java:53)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.runJob(ServiceRunner.java:36)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.runJob(JobLauncher.java:135)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launchAndBuildResponse(JobLauncher.java:101)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launch(JobLauncher.java:80)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.quartz1.Quartz1Job.execute(Quartz1Job.java:32)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:223)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)
2018-01-04 10:33:23,968 atlassian-scheduler-quartz1.clustered_Worker-2 WARN ServiceRunner Subversion Index Update Service [ext.subversion.revisions.RevisionIndexer] Unable to index repository 'project-dev'
java.io.IOException: Problem with path /app/project/app/jira/data/caches/indexes/plugins/atlassian-subversion-revisions: Lock obtain timed out: SimpleFSLock@/app/project/app/jira/data/caches/indexes/plugins/atlassian-subversion-revisions/write.lock
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.revisions.DefaultLuceneIndexAccessor.getIndexWriter(DefaultLuceneIndexAccessor.java:41)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.revisions.RevisionIndexer.updateIndex(RevisionIndexer.java:229)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.revisions.scheduling.clustersafe.UpdateSvnIndexService.run(UpdateSvnIndexService.java:40)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:66)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.runService(ServiceRunner.java:75)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.runServiceId(ServiceRunner.java:53)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.runJob(ServiceRunner.java:36)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.runJob(JobLauncher.java:135)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launchAndBuildResponse(JobLauncher.java:101)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launch(JobLauncher.java:80)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.quartz1.Quartz1Job.execute(Quartz1Job.java:32)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:223)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)
Caused by: org.apache.lucene.store.LockObtainFailedException: Lock obtain timed out: SimpleFSLock@/app/project/app/jira/data/caches/indexes/plugins/atlassian-subversion-revisions/write.lock
at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:84)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:1115)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:932)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.revisions.DefaultLuceneIndexAccessor.getIndexWriter(DefaultLuceneIndexAccessor.java:36)
... 12 more

scriptrunner.JPG

Suggest an answer