Script Runner: email output of groovy script

Jeff Underwood August 28, 2012

would anybody happen to have an example of emailing the output of a groovy script in script runner?

I would like to email the result of this script to a user. I can't find a good example in the documentation.

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager

def componentManager = ComponentManager.instance
componentManager.getUserUtil().getGroup("jira-users").getUsers()

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

It's actually very simple to add something to jira's email queue. The sample code you need is here: https://bitbucket.org/jamieechlin/scriptrunner-public/src/be2bcb817137/src/main/resources/com/onresolve/jira/groovy/canned/workflow/postfunctions/SendCustomEmail.groovy#cl-241

I could pull out the relevant bits but I think it's simple enough. Actually I seem to have done that before here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/15723/how-to-send-email-from-plugin?page=1#34203

Jeff Underwood August 29, 2012

Using the mail queue was the best option. I've got it working. thanks for the assist.

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2014

Seems link does not work (actually :

You do not have access to this repository.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2014

It's not public anymore, but you get the source file from the jar... open it with winzip or winrar or something.

Suggest an answer