Script Runner: Wrong values shown for a few issues in search result for scripted fields (most issues work fine)

Sonja Fruenke December 17, 2013

Hi,

We're using a scripted field to sum the story points of child issues (with some values excluded). The scripted field works fine when executed in the Script Runner's preview. However, 5 of 48 issues have the wrong value when the issues are displayed in a search result. After updating the parent issue (by for example adding a comment), it works fine again.

Re-indexing didn't help. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Sonja

2 answers

0 votes
Sonja Fruenke December 18, 2013

Thanks for your quick reply. I've made a small cosmetic change to my script and saving it caused all values of the field to be correctly calculated for now. I'll have to keep an eye on this to see if it happens again in the future.

Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2013

youre welcome.

When you expirience odd behaviour with script runner, try deleting the browser cache (CTRL+F5). It helped me sometimes. Obviously script runner relies on javascript which is running in the browser. Sometimes these scripts don't get updated when they are already cached.

0 votes
Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

it can be anything. My first guess is, there is something wrong with the script, or the field config. Provide more information if you can.

PS: don't rely on script runner to much. It is still buggy in some places.

Suggest an answer