[Script Runner] Working with 2 listeners : Clone and update the created issue

FredericB May 26, 2014

Hi,

I want to automaticaly clone an issue and link with the built in Script, I successfully set up a listener with the right condition, and the issue is created exactly like I want.

Apart from this listener, I have an auto transition one which trigger from every possible event, looking for field completion to auto transition from new to review.

The issue is :

When creating the cloned issue (Listener 1) with the field completion conform (Listener 2) the newly created issue remains on 'new' status instead of reviewed.

I noticed that if i make a modification on the issue (comment, update..), the listener 2 is activated. I suppose the listener 1 doesn't fire any event "Issue Created" to the newly created issue. I tried to change the order on the listeners list, but it doesn't change anything. Any idea on how I can get these 2 listeners work together ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
FredericB June 2, 2014

Hi,

I eventualy solved the problem, but without the first listeners. I created a step on my workflow and use a transition to create the clone, set a comment on it and auto come bask to the previous step. the second listener catch the event and make the update on the cloned issue.

I then only use the built in scripts because I cannot install SDK and never figure out how to make the transition on the cloned issue.

0 votes
FredericB May 27, 2014

Hi,

I tried to do it on a single listener, adding as additional issue action :

issue.setStatusId("2")

but the issue is still not in the required status.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2014

You need to transition an issue. You cannot just set the status of the issue.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2014

Any idea on how I can get these 2 listeners work together ?

Merge them into 1 listener. That is the simplest and the most effective answer.

Suggest an answer